Saturday, January 29, 2011

taillight continued

I made a housing for the homemade taillight.  Now I just need to figure out how to waterproof this thing.


this fuckin rules! i think these are ed roth iron ons..more in the link below
Roth iron ons

Friday, January 28, 2011

Homegrown handlebars

I built these today with Brad Drake.  Shit is gonna look badass!

KR hardtail

I just ordered this for my bike.  It should go on pretty easy.  Get ready for a whole new look.

Thursday, January 27, 2011


Drew this up last year sometime.  Thought it would be cool to make some shirts.  If you are interested, let me know.  I need  minimum order of 12.  Of course it would be all cleaned up and look perty.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

panheads forever!

Hand Signals revisted

Annual Talk to the Hand Ride a.k.a. The Hi-Five run

Below is a link to the blog where you can find all of the information on this year's Derringer's club run.  Anyone is welcome.  There isn't much info on there now, but there soon will be!

how to ride in a pack

good readings for the newbz

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Kurse!

Brad took John Kurse's bike out of my garage a few weeks ago to fabricate a cafe' seat pan for him.  This is what the outcome is.  Looks pretty good.  The rear sets are next.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Anal Cunt!

So I just picked up the new A.C. album for shits and giggles.
Then I found this gem of a picture on the inside cover.  Seth, you never disappoint me!

Saturday, January 22, 2011

taillight molding complete

So here is the taillight in the rough stage right out of the mold.  I was a little anxious and pulled the cast out of the mold too soon.  I think the mold may be damaged but I think I can fix it.  Stay tuned.  I should have a back and bracket fabricated for this soon.  Then we mount it on the steed.

taillight update

So here are the images of the mold once it has cured.  One picture is of the mold, the other is of the mold and original template I used to make the mold.  I mixed the clear resin and dye and poured the mold earlier today.  It needs 24-72 hours to cure.  I will post more when the taillight is ready to come out of the mold.

Friday, January 21, 2011

spotted at big burrito

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

Thursday, January 20, 2011

my other ride is your MOTHER!

So I got this belt buckle from Chris.  I added some moulding clay to the back to make it around 1 1/4" thick.  I'm going to use this to make a mold to make some taillights.  I will make 5 of them.  If they turn out ok and you want one, let me know.  They will sell for around $120 bucks.  Stay tuned for more updates on this process.

sexy shovel

not mine,i lifted this from jockey journal..its got a 23" front wheel and a 19" read..when i finally get a shovel i was planning on running a 19" or 18" on the rear. check out the build thread here sexy shovel on JJ

This Saturday

Delilah & the Boys return to Louie's for a night of crazy rockabilly and honky tonk! Don't miss out on all the fun. 9PM Doors, music to start shortly after. FREE SHOW! NO COVER!!!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

progress update

This picture shows the inside of the flywheel compartment with the wire netting that was added by the guy who built the sucker.

Left side all cleaned up

Right side all cleaned up as well

Rear of the cases.  Note the three mounting bolt areas.  These were all cut in order to get the bolts out.  They were then welded up and lapped with a stone to get the cases to sit right.  Thanks Little Ray for the awesome weld job!

So I went back down to Digger's speed shop to continue the work on my bike.  I cleaned up the gasket areas on the cases and gave my motor a good once over with some brake cleaner and a rag.  It looks 10 times better.  There was a lot of gunk on this baby.
I placed the case halves together to check the gap between the two gasket surfaces.  The leak was coming from the case seams so I was pretty sure they weren't in good shape.  I was right.  This puppy was in bad shape.
I took a lapping stone and slowly ground down all the high spots in hopes to get less clearance between the case halves.
It worked!  The clearance is practically zero and with a little yamabond, I am pretty certain the leak will be gone.  Fingers crossed.
Next I will need to mill the holes that were welded shut for the rear motor mount studs.  After that, the bearings and seals will be replaced and I should be in good shape.
More updates to come.  Thanks for reading.

Monday, January 10, 2011

calendar i found in my basement

i just found out that it will be correct to use again in going to bring it to bones and have him copy it and put it on a disc and make me a paper copy of it..then when it comes close to 2015 i will print a bunch up to sell!

Is that Barney on a Beemer?

Nevermind.  He can't ride that well.  It's a chick.

water fight!

Saturday, January 8, 2011


yup,i broke down and put it on an bid on it!


Friday, January 7, 2011

nothing wrong with a sporty!

March 3rd and 4th....the Pogues!

The Pogues are playing Chicago on the 3rd and Detroit on the 4th.
We should go both days and live them like Shane McGowan!

If chris had a twin.....

I would not be suprised if he could duplicate this picture in about 10 years.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Photo shoot at the abandoned Checker Auto

Sean Barney took these of our bikes at the abandoned Checker Auto before the snow hit this year.  This summer we are going to try and sneak in to ride on the abandoned test track!  The Blood Falcons have an abandoned veladrome, we have a test track!